Unité Préliminaire - 1st / 3rd Nine Weeks
Bell work / Closure Activities
- Recycle: In French, say hello to at least three other students and ask what their names are.
- Create a matching quiz about the commands in French.
- Take another student's quiz about the commands in French. Let the owner of the quiz check your answers and give you feedback.
- Recycle: Watch the video posted below. Then, on a map of Europe, locate France. Give five facts about France and the French language.
- Quel est l'ordre? If you know the French command that corresponds to the picture, raise your hand. Please do not shout out your answer.
- Let's Speak French - pages 8-9 Write the answers in your notebook- please do not write in the classroom copy.
- Let's Speak French - pages 10-11. Write the answers in your notebook- please do not write in the classroom copy.
- Let's Speak French - pages 11-12. Write the answers in your notebook- please do not write in the classroom copy.
- As your teacher demonstrates each classroom command, write down the command in English in your notebook.
- Repeat classroom commands.
- Practice the classroom commands with two or more classmates. Remember, we never leave anyone out of an activity.
- Interactive crossword puzzle. Your teacher or a classmate will demonstrate a classroom command. As you figure out each command, write the command in French and then complete the puzzle. Solution to puzzle: teacher should print out this page before starting this activity.
- Working with at one or more classmates, take pictures that depict the commands. Save the pictures in your dropbox. Your teacher may ask you to send him or her a particular picture by using the Send Homework Here section on the Conversational French Home page. These pictures will be used in class and also in your linguafolio. Alternatively, you may draw pictures or find clipart that depict the commands. NOTE: it is not mandatory that you have your picture taken- you may certainly refuse to have your picture taken. Also, pictures will NOT be posted online. They will be stored on your teacher's computer.
- Une Chanson: Aux Champs-Élysées